Memorandum to Players
Long Island Open Championship - Qualifier
The Golf Club at Middle Bay
Monday, May 15, 2017
MEMORANDUM TO PLAYERS
· All facilities at The Golf Club at Middle Bay will be open at 6:30 AM.
· Breakfast and lunch service is available in the Middle Bay Cafe near the driving range for cash or credit card ($10 minimum for cards).
· Range balls will be available on a cash basis - check in the Pro Shop to pay.
· Players may take a cart ($25 per person plus tax), bring their own caddie or carry their own bag. Players are expected to share carts if two in the group are riding. The golf carts are GPS equipped.
SCHEDULE OF PLAY:
· Eighteen holes of Stroke Play from the first tee (Blue Tee Markers).
· 15 players plus ties will qualify for the LI Open at this site.
· To complete the field of 144 for the Championship, Alternates may also get in. Alternates, starting with those missing the cut by one shot, will be ranked by matching cards per the USGA Rule Book. There will not be a play-off. Complete information on Alternates will be available at the Starter's table and Scoreboard.
CONDITIONS OF PLAY:
· The One Ball Rule will NOT be in effect. See the USGA Website for a list of conforming balls.
· USGA Rules are in effect as modified by Local Rules. See Starter’s Table for Local Rules governing play in the Qualifier.
· Distance Measuring Devices - permitted provided the device complies with Rule 14-3.
· Score cards must be signed and attested before players leave the Scorer’s Table located behind the 18th green. Players are responsible only for the hole scores, not the totals.
PACE OF PLAY:
· Please observe the Pace of Play Policy of the LIGA. The policy will be in effect for this competition. The Pace of Play will also be shown on your scorecard.